Birds! All types of birds are incredibly fascinating and have captured our imagination since the earliest times!
The world is inhabited with over 9000 species of birds. They are natural wonders of song, color, flight, and display. With so many diverse types of birds, learning about them is an exciting adventure.
Our list of bird types covers a wide array of avian species from pet birds to exotic birds. Each bird guide offers bird information, starting with where they are found and their background, followed with their habitat, behaviors, and bird care. Pictures of birds are provided with each bird guide to help in choosing a pet or aid in bird identification.
– The best talkers of the bird world! The African Grey makes a wonderful pet bird that are easily tamed and very sociable
– Amazon Parrot bird guides for all types of Amazon birds. Parrot pictures, information and bird care for keepimg pet Amazon parrots
– Caiques…a lot of intelligence and energy in a small package! These clowns of the parrot world are constantly playing and on the move
– Canaries are some of the most colorful birds and a favorite pet. These little birds have a beautiful song and are ideal for small homes or apartments
– Cockatiels are gentle endearing pets with so many positive traits, its hard to choose what makes them great! Social, playful, talkers, love people…
– Cockatoos… the lovers of the bird world! The friendliest birds, but with an incredible need for attention!
– Conure parrots are always playful and full of antics. All types of conures can be noisy, but they are loved for their beauty and good dispositions!
– Universal symbols of peace, love, and tranquility! They are great companions and easy to keep
– These are very playful birds with with great personalities, and they can be very good talkers!
– Lovebirds are delightful little parrots! Found in a rainbow of colors, they love to be playful and mischievous!
– Looking for a unique parrot? There are so many different types of parrots… Eclectus, Hawk-Headed, Senegal, Red-Bellied, Parrotlets, Meyers… and more!
– Great choice for beginners! Usually quiet, undemanding, affectionate… and they seldom bite!
– Hassle-free little companions! Small, quiet, easy to care for and ideal for small homes or apartments
Alexandrine Parakeet, Psittacula eupatria
|All About Parakeets|
All About Parakeets, Family: Psittacidae at Animal World – Parakeet Information for All Types of Parakeets
|Parakeet: Types of Parakeets|
Parakeets, Types of Parakeets, Parakeet Information
Conures, Conure Parrot, Types of Conures, Aratinga
|Double Yellow-Headed Amazon|
Double Yellow-Headed Amazon, Amazona oratrix Yellow-headed Parrot
Blue-fronted Amazon, Amazona aestiva Blue Front Amazon Parrots
Bird care for different types of birds:
Amazons – Parakeets – Macaws – Conures – Cockatoos – Lovebirds – Finches – Canary
Animal-World bird guides provide information on large parrots such as amazons and macaws as well as small parrots such as parakeets, lovebirds, finches, canaries, doves and other hard bills and soft bills like toucans. The list of bird types is expanding into water birds, wild birds, birds of prey and more.
Pictures of each type of bird are provided within each bird guide. These not only help with bird identification, but aid in choosing pet birds. The bird guides also have in-depth bird information, covering everything from their native place of origin and when first scientifically described, the habitats and behaviors of each species, and the bird care needed to keep them as a pet.
Keeping pet birds or exotic birds provides a very personal and rewarding experience. One of the richest experiences you can have is bonding with a pet bird. That moment when you and your bird connect is not only extraordinary, but lasts throughout your relationship. Birds have an incredible memory, and once you’ve been chosen, you have a friend for life.